Concept 39 A genome is an entire set of genes.
Dr. Francis Collins is the Director of the National Institutes of Health. The video, courtesy of National Human Genome Research Institute, comes from the June 2000 press conference announcing the completion of the Human Genome Project, which Dr. Collins led. Dr. Venter is the founder, chairman, and president of The J. Craig Venter Institute.
- Go to:
- J. Craig Venter
Francis S. Collins
- Initial objections to the Human Genome Project.
- The NHGRI's sequencing strategy.
- How many genes do we have?
- Using the Project's data to find genetic variations among people.
- What we need to do to understand our genome.
- Medical advances that will spring from the Project.
- Your genome fits on a DVD, or you can access it from the Internet.